Our name is
It stands for Program for Aid to Victims of Sexual Assault. We’re here to get you through this without judgment, whether you were assaulted just hours ago or years ago. What happened to you is not your fault. You are strong, brave and supported. We believe you and we believe in you.
We offer advocacy online or in-person at no cost. Call us if you want to talk to someone right now.
You get to decide
what happens next
We are a safe place to turn. We will never pressure you to do or say anything that isn’t comfortable for you. You let us know the services you need from us and how you want to access your rights at no cost.
Someone will support you:
- explain confidentiality
- answer your questions
- provide information & resources
- share knowledge
- offer options
- see you through the healing process at your pace
These services are no cost:
- 24/7 Helpline, 218.726.1931
- an advocate throughout your sexual assault exam
- individual counseling
- support groups
- an advocate to help with legal assistance
- support if you’ve been trafficked or exploited
These rights are yours:
- to have an advocate at no cost
- to have a sexual assault exam at no cost
- to decide which parts of the exam are right for you
- to report to the police or not
- to know the status of your sexual assault kit
All PAVSA services are provided at no cost to victim/survivors.
LEARN MORE about how you can connect and support this important work.
This project was supported by Grant No. 2017-WE-AX-0043 awarded by the Office on Violence Against Women, U.S. Department
of Justice. The opinions, findings, conclusions, and recommendations expressed in this publication/program/exhibition are those
of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Department of Justice, Office on Violence Against Women.